Monday, January 25, 2016

ARC Review: Naked by Gina Gordon

Title: Naked

Author: Gina Gordon

Synopsis:

The deeply sensual Body & Soul series kicks off with “a fun, sexy emotional read” (Lisa Renee Jones), as one woman discovers the courage to face life’s greatest challenges—and explore her connection with a handsome neighbor.

Violet Walker has been hiding. Withdrawn after a terrible car accident, she is worried about going back to her high-pressure job, where she’s expected to project confidence and sleek refinement. Allowing herself a distraction, she’s been watching her sexy neighbor work on his house. But when the shirtless, grinning hunk catches her in the act, Violet is struck by the unmistakable jolt of physical chemistry, a sensation that’s both thrilling and terrifying.

Noah Young is used to moving from one construction job to another, never laying a firm foundation. The same goes for the women in his life—until Violet changes all that. His beautiful voyeur embraces his rough edges and shows him a hint of real love. But even Noah can tell that she’s holding back, hiding her body and her heart from what they both truly want. If only he could get a little help convincing Violet to see herself as he sees her: perfect in every way.

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

I hadn't really known much about this author before I picked up this book but after reading it I think I need to pick up more books by this author. This is one of those books that I love more and more the more I think about it. It was just a really good contemporary romance with a good message of loving oneself.

I really loved everything about this book. Violet was a great heroine. While she initially comes off as superficial, there is actually a lot to her character that is revealed throughout the novel. She's dealing with a lot of self-doubt as a result of an accident that she suffered prior to the story's timeline and is trying to come to terms with how the accident has changed her. Violet goes through a very long process to finally reach her HEA at the end, but I thought that her process was very realistic although I do wish she would have confided in some people sooner especially the hero, Noah. And talking about Noah he is pretty much the perfect romance hero and I swooned over his character from the very first moment he appeared until the very end. The thing I loved the most about him was how patient he was. While I do wish Violet would have told him the truth from the beginning and let him help her, I still really loved that he never pushed her and respected the boundaries she set. I also really loved the secondary characters in this book. I'm always forgetting the names and roles of secondary characters in romances but the ones in this book were all really memorable and I can't wait until I can learn more about them in the rest of this series.

The overall plot of this book was really amazing. It was a really body positive and really good story about learning to love oneself and realizing that physical appearances aren't everything. And that made me really happy and was the part about this book that I loved the most after the oh so adorable HEA that left me a puddle of contentment because it was just so perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment