Tuesday, January 12, 2016

ARC Review: A Gentleman's Game by Theresa Romain

Title: A Gentleman's Game

Author: Theresa Romain

Synopsis:

HOW FAR WILL A MAN GO

Talented but troubled, the Chandler family seems cursed by bad luck—and so Nathaniel Chandler has learned to trade on his charm. He can broker a deal with anyone from a turf-mad English noble to an Irish horse breeder. But Nathaniel’s skills are tested when his stable of trained Thoroughbreds become suspiciously ill just before the Epsom Derby, and he begins to suspect his father’s new secretary is not as innocent as she seems.

TO WIN A WOMAN’S SECRETIVE HEART?

Nathaniel would be very surprised if he knew why Rosalind Agate was really helping his family in their quest for a Derby victory. But for the sake of both their livelihoods, Rosalind and Nathaniel must set aside their suspicions. As Derby Day draws near, her wit and his charm make for a successful investigative team…and light the fires of growing desire. But Rosalind’s life is built on secrets and Nathaniel’s on charisma, and neither defense will serve them once they lose their hearts…

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

4 out of 5 stars

A Gentleman's Game is a fun historical romance filled with intriguing characters, scandalous secrets, and a swoon-worthy love story. I really enjoyed this book. Nathaniel and Rosalind's story was one that really stood out to me.

There were so many things that that I liked about this story but the thing I liked the most about it was the fact that it was set in the horse racing world. I've never read a historical romance set in this world and it was really exciting. Secondly, I really liked the characters in this one. Nathaniel was such a charming romance hero and so naturally I loved him. And Rosalind was one of those strong heroines that I love to see in he historical romances I read. I also really liked the mystery in the plot behind why the horses were becoming ill and the whole mystery behind why Rosalind was sent to work for Nathaniel's father and why the woman she worked for was so interested in him. It wasn't too predictable but it was also not too complicated and when everything was revealed at the end everything made perfect sense.

Overall, I really liked this book. It was really god historical romance book that hooked me from the very first page and had it not been for all the holiday madness I would have finished it in one sitting. I can't wait to see what Theresa Romain has in store for us next with this series!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful review now i want to know about these horses lol

    ReplyDelete