Saturday, January 30, 2016

ARC Review: Emergency Engagement by Samanthe Beck

Title: Emergency Engagement

Author: Samanthe Beck

Synopsis:

He needs the kind of rescue only she can provide…

Glass artist Savannah Smith expected a marriage proposal for Thanksgiving—just not from her strong, silent, super-hot neighbor. But when misplaced mail and a wayward can of paint lands them in a compromising position right as her family arrives for dinner, they assume he’s “The One” she’s been talking about.

Then his family shows up.

Fate dealt a crippling blow to paramedic Beau Montgomery’s heart, and he isn’t about to put it at risk again. Except, with his mother crying tears of joy over his surprise engagement to the sexy little blonde next door, he can’t bring himself to ruin her “Christmas miracle.”

Somewhere between the paint can to the head and the chaotic family trip to the ER, Beau manages to talk Savannah into being his fake fiancée long enough to survive the holidays.

If, of course, they don’t fall in love first…

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

Emergency Engagement, the first book in Samanthe Beck's Love Emergency series was another great romance by this author. I loved this book so much!

Savannah and Beau's story was everything. These two made me feel so much, both good and bad and I became so invested in their relationship that I couldn't put the book down until I witnessed their HEA and what a glorious HEA it was. But as much as I loved their HEA, all the goodness leading up to it was the highlight. I love it when characters think that they can just have sex and not fall in love in a romance novel because I really get a kick out of seeing how long they will try to hold out and not admit their feelings.

And talking about refusing to admit their feelings, while I do get a kick out of a character's stubbornness on the matter, Beau really tested my patience towards the end. Especially with the way he behaved towards Savannah at the Christmas party and while he did make up for it the end, I still think that Savannah should have made him grovel a little bit more because what he did was a really asshole move.

But, overall, this book really was great. It was a Brazen book at it's best and as of right now it is my favorite of Sam's books!

1 comment:

  1. I SERIOUSLY LOVED LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!

    I know what you're talking about, but I completely understand Beau's behavior at the party. Definitely NOT the way things should have gone. I liked the way Savannah realized her mistake too.

    ReplyDelete