Friday, January 29, 2016

ARC Review: Accidentally in Love with the Biker by Teri Anne Stanley

Title: Accidentally in Love with the Biker

Author: Teri Anne Stanley

Synopsis:

Aspiring writer Kelli Dalton needs a man, and fast. When she’s rear-ended by a sexy-as-sin biker on the way to a Vegas romance readers convention, she sees her chance. If he’ll pose as her fake boyfriend long enough to impress a bestselling author, Kelli has a shot at saving the bookstore for underprivileged kids she runs back home.

Quinn Anderson doesn’t know what to make of the cute little writer who stirs his heart and his libido, but he does know he wants to get better acquainted. And if that means keeping up their sexy ruse all week, he’s game.

Quinn knows girl like Kelli deserves someone with a secure future to help with her store, not a guy struggling to turn a profit on his chopper shop. But if his motorcycle designs win the big Vegas competition, he’ll have enough prize money to fund his dreams…and hers.

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

4 out of 5 stars

I'm really enjoying Entangled's Lovestruck's What Happens in Vegas books! These books are all just so much fun and sexy and Teri Anne Stanley's contribution, Accidentally in Love with the Biker, was another great addition.

This book which follows an aspiring romance author as she attends a romance readers convention in Las Vegas was really good. I loved Kelli. Out of all the What Happens in Vegas books I've read I felt like she was the most relatable and the one I also rooted for the most because her life was really not in a good place when we first meet her, but she never gave up. And then we have Quinn, who is another great example of the perfect romance hero. But with that said he was different from what I was expecting. Like Kelli at the beginning of the book I really judged his character hard and then he went and surprised me in all the best ways and made me like his character even more.

The romance in the story was super cute. I get a kick out of stories that feature romantic tropes like pretend relationships and this one was a particularly fun one that I don't see myself forgetting any time soon. The only thing I was iffy about in this book was Kelli's friendship with fellow romance writer Brae. I found Brae's character as well as her fiancé crazy annoying and whenever they would show up I couldn't help but role my eyes. Although, given their part in helping resolve some of Kelli's problems by the end of the book, I actually started to like them towards the end. Hooray for character development!

Overall, I really liked this book. It was a sweet and flirty contemporary romance that just put me in a really good mood and I would recommend it to lovers of lighthearted, feel-good romances.

No comments:

Post a Comment