Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016 Read Tamora Pierce Challenge



So this year I've decided to join Nori of ReadWriteLove28 for her Read Tamora Pierce Challenge!

When I was in high school I used to be obsessed with Tamora Pierce's books especially the books in her Emelan universe! They were the books that really got me into high fantasy, so to be honest if it wasn't for Sandry, Briar, Tris, & Daja, I would have never sought out books such as Sarah J. Maas's Throne of Glass series, Leigh Bardugo's Grisha trilogy, or Morgan Rhodes's Falling Kingdoms series, etc. But while I was obsessed with these books in high school, it has really been a while since I've actually re-read any of them and I actually got rid of my copies a couple of years ago when I was purging my shelves of books to make room for new ones, which is a decision that I seriously regret. Anywho, thanks to the lovely Nori I now have an excuse to not only re-read these wonderful books but to re-buy them so that they can regain their rightful place on my shelves.

For my individual challenge I am choosing to re-buy and re-read all the books in the Emelan universe which includes the four books in the Circle of Magic quartet, the four books in the Circle Opens quartet, as well as The Will of the Empress, Melting Stones, and Battle Magic! I will officially start re-reading them next month and am going to re-read one book a month starting with Sandry's book in February and ending with Battle Magic in December.

If you want to join the challenge or just learn more about it overall check out Nori's post on her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment