Thursday, November 12, 2015

ARC Review: Sweet Home Alaska by Rebecca Thomas

Title: Sweet Home Alaska

Author: Rebecca Thomas

Synopsis:

Struggling Hollywood actress Lauren Kinkade discovers her true passion isn’t acting, but her day job--catering. When her grandmother dies and leaves the family bakery to her, Lauren sees an opportunity to start fresh in her small hometown in Alaska and expand the bakery’s cuisine. But the town isn’t exactly welcoming to the girl who went to chase dreams and left her grandmother to run the family business alone.

Lauren decides the best way to get her new business rolling is to get hired by golden boy Trey Briggs for his hotel’s grand re-opening. She’s shocked when he refuses to even grant her an interview.

Trey can’t fathom working up close on a daily basis with the gorgeous girl who gave him huge anxiety issues in high school. Heck, her mere presence caused him to crash into things and earned him best-forgotten nick names, so he’d rather not see her again. Ever.
However, Lauren puts her charms on high simmer and convinces him to hire her, but pretty soon the menu sampling gets spicier than either of them is prepared for…

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

3 out of 5 stars

After reading book one of Right Kind of Mistake, I was really looking forward to read something else by Rebecca Thomas, which is why I'm extremely happy that I was able to get my hands on an ARC of this novella. Sweet Home Alaska was a really quick and cute contemporary romance read.

This book was just an all around nice read. The only issue that I had with this book was that I really wish that we could have seen a lot more of Trey and Lauren as a couple. A lot of their relationship was kind of glossed over not allowing me to become truly invested in their love story which was a big problem for me because what makes a great romance for me is being able to really immerse myself in the love story and I just wasn't able to that in this story. Despite that this story was still a pretty enjoyable read and I'm looking forward to reading more by Rebecca Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment