Friday, October 9, 2015

Review: The Millionaire's Forever by Sonya Weiss

Title: The Millionaire's Forever

Author: Sonya Weiss

Synopsis:

Sign: Gemini
There are two sides to every Gemini guy…and one of them is red-hot.

Olivia Carter has a handsome, millionaire boyfriend. She’s madly in love with him. The hitch? He doesn’t actually exist. She told the lie to save Forever, her wedding design shop. And it worked—almost too well. As the media attention increases, so do the demands for Olivia to produce her “boyfriend.” With both her reputation and career in jeopardy, Olivia is desperate enough to do almost anything…

Which is exactly what millionaire Mason Parker wants. Thanks to Olivia and her father, Mason went through hell during his teen years, and now it’s time for a little payback—starting with the announcement that he’s her one and only. Now the sexy Olivia has no choice but to do what Mason wants. But none of his plans for vengeance included falling in love with the woman he planned to ruin…

***MY REVIEW***

4 out of 5 stars

I'm so used to the adorable romances that Sonya Weiss writes for Entangled's Bliss imprint, that I was pleasantly surprised with how intense I found this book to be. My heart broke for Mason and what he went through just because he helped out Olivia that one night and although I'm not usually a fan of characters who are so focused on getting revenge for things that happened to them in the past, I totally gave Mason a pass on this one because seriously what happened to him was the worst.

I also really loved Olivia's character even though she made me want to smack her sometimes. Like I get that she didn't remember what happened that night but her refusal to believe Mason at the beginning really made me mad. Like, seriously, Mason's a successful millionaire now, why would he lie about everything now. But, anyway, I still really liked that she was a very independent and driven women who was willing to do anything to make her business successful no matter what. I also really loved that she wasn't afraid to admit that she was wrong when she learned the truth and was willing to go up against her father.

Overall, I really loved this book and I can't wait to read more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment