Saturday, October 10, 2015

ARC Review: Playing with Fire by Alison Bliss

Title: Playing with Fire

Author: Alison Bliss

Synopsis:

Nothing ignites a fire like the perfect match…

Anna Weber is every inch the proper librarian–old-fashioned, conservatively dressed right down to her tightly clipped flaming red hair. She’s just moved to a small Texas town, and is determined to spend time with her friend before she has to disappear. Relationships aren’t easy for her. She knows too well what it means to be burned. And the last thing she ever wants to do is fall in love…

Especially not with a fireman who’s hot enough to set the entire state of Texas on fire.

Cowboy can’t resist the fiery little librarian, and he’s determined to make her his. Beneath that prim-and-proper exterior is a woman he very much wants to know–if she’d let him. She’ll test his patience. His control. Hell, his very sanity. And for the first time, Cowboy wonders if he’s found the one fire he can’t control…

***MY REVIEW***

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

5 out of 5 stars

This book was literally EVERYTHING! Just saying that I loved it is not enough because this book was too good. The first book in this series, Rules of Protection, is one of my all-time favorite books and Playing with Fire was just as amazing, if not better! Alison Bliss delivered another fantastic romance that was equal parts funny and suspenseful and kept my interest from the very first page.

When Cowboy was first introduced in the previous installment, I instantly fell in love with him and I love the fact that this book was about him. It was fun getting to know him better and seeing that he was more than just a charming playboy. But as I much as I love Cowboy, I loved the heroine of this book more. Anna was the best! She was a character who was both vulnerable and strong. Reserved and feisty. And I especially loved that she didn't put up with any of Cowboy's shit.

Aside from the characters and the steamy romance that developed between the two of them, I loved the suspenseful storyline in this book revolving around all the mysterious fires happening in the vicinity of Anna. I was really surprised by who ended up being the culprit in this book because the author did a really good job at misdirecting the reader and making one think that a different character was at fault.

Overall, I LOVED this book so much! It was another perfect romance by the amazing Alison Bliss and the only complaint I have about it is that we still don't know what Cowboy's real name is. Lol.

1 comment:

  1. LOL You'll find out soon enough! ;) Thank you so much for the awesome review! I really appreciate it. I'm thrilled you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete