Sunday, September 27, 2015

Review: Scorched by R. Holmes

Title: Scorched

Author: R. Holmes

Synopsis:

Hale Jarreau left my life the same way he entered it--all at once.

We once burned like a fire, raging and consuming and I spent my life loving him. I didn't have a choice.

And then, he was gone; leaving my heart aching and my soul empty.

Time doesn't heal a damn thing and pain comes in many forms.

But time only makes that pain ache deeper.

It makes forgetting impossible.

Every love has its story.

This one is ours.

***MY REVIEW***

1 out of 5 stars

Scorched was a book I'd been super excited about. Everything about it from the cover to the blurb to the hot promotional teasers convinced me that I was going to love this book. Unfortunately, as much as it pains me to admit it that was not the case. While I liked the plot of the story, this book just didn't do it for me. I was not a fan of the way the author chose to structure this book especially since there were no dividing chapters. This affected the flow of the book in a way that I don't think worked and as result I wasn't able to really get into the story. Despite all the potential I thought this story had, it really just fell flat for me, which is really a bummer because I really wanted to like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment