Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Review: Can't Resist Him by Molly McLain

Title: Can't Resist Him

Author: Molly McLain

Synopsis:

Sometimes what you want and what you need are two very different things. 

Always relegated to the “friends with benefits” corner of small town River Bend, Jenny Riley is done giving the milk for free. Falling hard for a bad boy? Not in the plan, either.

Sexy, emotionally-wounded Marine Reservist Brody Nelson just needs someone to lend an ear. A friend. Friends to lovers? That’s more than he bargained for.

Neither wants a relationship. A long distance friendship should be enough.

It’s not.

Warning: This books contains a tattooed, pierced hero with a few surprises up his sleeve...and a hella sexy one down his pants.

***MY REVIEW***

5 out of 5 stars

The River Bend series really just keeps on getting better and better. Can't Resist Him which focuses on characters Jenny and Brody really blew me away. It was everything I expect from a Molly McLain book and so much more. I didn't think I would love a couple more than Tony and Nicole but Brody and Jenny really gave them a run for their money. I just loved them so much.

The thing I loved most about this book is that while it was more serious than previous installments because of the focus on Brody's PTSD, it still managed to retain the light-hearted feel that I have come to expect from a River Bend book. Also the pace at which the the relationship developed was pretty much perfect and I loved how committed to Brody, Jenny was and the affect that she had on him. It really made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Overall, I though this book was pretty much flawless. Molly McLain has once again delivered a satisfying, emotional, heart-warming romance novel and has made me super excited to see what she is going to come up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment